& Ways to Spend Perfect Time at Home
Corona Virus is something that we are very much conscious about right now. The whole world has been locked down. Owning to the fact that there is no antidote for this particular Virus, staying inside the home has become a must.
Our Prime Minister Honorable Shri Narendra Modi has announced 21 days of country lockdown and surely for the good of the nation. It is surely very stressful that those who daily need to rush to the office and interact with many people around will surely feel boring being at home and working alone.
Well, this is just one perspective that I am speaking, some people always speak about not getting any holidays from their schools, institutions, or offices and can spend quality time with the family.
I am someone lying in the mid of happiness that I can spend time with my family and also missing my friends, and our weekly meetings. Thanks to technology and mobile phones for allowing video calls.
Why is it essential to stay at home during the Corona outbreak?
COVID 19 is a virus that was first identified by China on December 2019, and with the outrage in the country, China made an awareness call to the other countries. Within 3 months the disease became a pandemic and currently, it spread to more than 70 global countries, with maximum death rates in China and Italy.
Presently In Kolkata, there are 9 cases noted with 1 death, which created serious awareness in Kolkata, leading to the city Lockdown, rather lockdown of the state.
Are there any remedies for Corona Virus?
No-till now there are no remedies for Corona Virus expect that people must stay safe, and follow the safety measures seriously. This disease spreads through breathing and is known to collapse the lungs of the victim leading to death.
Aged people and elderly with diabetes, asthma, heart disease, and other disease are prone to the Corona Virus attack. This is why they must stay safe and stay inside the home.
What are the symptoms of COVID 19?
People infected with COVID 19 may experience:
- difficulty breathing (severe cases)
The virus symptoms start showing up from 2 days to 14 days. But from the current update, a person without cough or tiredness and only fever can also have COVID 19. This makes the disease very seriously.
The Protective measures to keep yourself safe from COVID 19
For adequate protection, you must follow the following safety measures.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently: No matter where you are, keep washing your hands frequently with soap and water. And in case, you are not able to use soap and water, wash your hands with sanitizer.
- Cover up your face with a mask if you are ill: In case you are down with a fever or experiencing cough cover your face with a face mask.
- Maintain 1-meter distance: Maintain as much as 1-meter distance from people, so that their breathing does not touch you.
- Avoid spitting in public: If you are weak, or suffering from cough and cold avoid spitting in the public. Wipe your face with a tissue or handkerchief and throw it in the dustbin.
- Avoid hugs and shaking hands: When it comes to greeting people avoid hugging or shaking hands. Rather you can greet people with a Hi, or hello.
- STAY AT HOME: Since now there is complete lockdown and citizens do not have any other option rather than to stay at home, avoid going out as much as possible and involve yourself in doing something creative.
STAY AWAY FROM THOSE WHO ARE RETURNING FROM FOREIGN COUNTRIES:
A very important measure to keep you protected. Do not meet or go near to those who are returning from foreign countries, not even if they have no fever, and are not experiencing any symptoms.
Screening at the Airport can only detect a rise in body temperature, whereas the corona symptoms start showing up with 2 days to 14 days. You won’t know if your neighbor returning from foreign fever until 14 days and by then they would have already spread the virus.
Tips for Those who have to go out to Bazaar for shopping
My dad is almost like thinking about what he is going to do in the next 21 days, and continuously nagging us to keep safe. When he is trying to go out and shop the necessary items from the bazaar. Si, I felt like sharing some safety tips for all the dads and moms, and others who have to go out to shop items for daily living.
- Avoid too much crowd: So when you are going to a bazaar to shop the necessity items make sure that you are not crowded with busy shoppers. Try to purchase vegetable from sellers who have fewer crowds:
- Try to return as soon as possible: Try to get all your necessary items and return home as soon as you can. Note down the required items so that you do not waste time thinking about the items.
- Try to purchase items in bulk: I understand this is not possible for the daily wage persons. But if you people have some savings try to using them. Others please avoid visiting the market daily, and try to purchase all the grocery and potatoes, rice or vegetables for least a week.
- Wear a mask when you are out: Since wearing the mask is not for the healthy people it’s no harm if you wear a mask where you are out. Precaution is always helpful.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands instantly when your return home: Once you step home, rush to the bathroom wash your hands and legs, remove the clothes, and give it for washing.
How can you spend useful time at home?
Since we are all locked down in our home, all those like me who are doing Work From Home must be spending maximum time in front of their laptops. And the rest of the time figuring out what they are going to do!
Funny isn’t it! When we have an office we always say that we do not have time to rest, and when we have we do not know how to spend it!
Well, in the initial days, it’s refreshing and joyful, you can get more time, to discuss things with your parents, and the house is no longer that empty for mothers who spend all the days alone when we are out in the office, and so on.
Here are a few tips to spend quality time at home, so that you do not miss these days once it is over and find nothing worthwhile that you did!
- Learn to Relax: Become stress-free. Guys! We all lead stress full life, the dark circles are enough to show. I understand we are worrying about things like how we will get food for the coming 21 days, and blah blah! But days will go on; you will not starve, but learn to relax. You have lots of time, perform Yoga, and boost your immunity power to fight the diseases.
- Discuss new goals with your family: We have a busy schedule and what we miss is speaking with our parents. We can discuss, have fun, laugh, and have gossips. Contact your relatives, cousins and get the current updates.
- Invest in doing something creative: We all have our lost hobbies right! Yes, we do! I am getting nostalgic right now! God! I love sketching and painting. So, you must be having your passions too right. Some love to cook, some are great at playing drums, guitars, some are great at writing posts. Guys, start doing what you love to.
- Read books and grow your knowledge: Yes I love reading Sydney Sheldon, My favorite author. I have the books but could not read them all because I used to be super tired after office. So, I am thinking of reading a book The Naked face, of course by Sheldon. What about you?
- Start Blogging: We can start writing blogs on recent topics or anything you feel like discussing. This is a great time to start blogging or vlogging.
So, stay home and stay safe! Spend a nice home quarantine days.